Organist and Choir Director
St Alban’s Church, Highgate, Birmingham is seeking to appoint a new Organist and Choir Director.
We are looking for an Organist and Choir director who will:
- Work with the vicar to develop music at St Alban’s.
- Meet the vicar at least every 2 months to plan music.
- Play the organ for Sung Mass on Sunday and major festivals. This will include Christmas, Epiphany, Candlemas, Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, Ascension, St Patrick’s day, St Alban’s day The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Holy Cross day (Anniversary
of the dedication of St Alban’s church), All Saints, and All Souls.
- Train the choir in:
a. Plainsong propers,
b. Mass settings,
d. Motets and anthems.
- Build the choir’s competence and confidence. Lead choir practice each week
(traditionally on Friday evening) as well as for 45 minutes before each sung Mass.
- Support the church’s contemporary, non-traditional and community musical activities.
- Recruit new choir members.
Remuneration in line with RSCM recommendations.
There is opportunity for the successful candidate to develop the post to that of Director of Music, which may accrue an enhanced salary.
Closing date for applications: 29th December 2021, interviews 8th January 2022.
Full details are available as a PDF file: https://saintalban.contentfiles.net/media/assets/file/OrganistChoirDirectorJobDescription.pdf.