Feast of Dedication
18 Sep 2021 11:00AM — 1:00PM
The first St Alban's Mission Church was opened on Holy Cross Day, 16th September 1865 in Leopold Street.
Although the present Church of St Alban the Martyr was opened for worship on the 3rd of May in 1881, the parish continued to celebrate Holy Cross Day as the Feast of Dedication, with major services in the octave.
This year, subject to the state of the Covid pandemic at the time, we plan to revive this custom with a major service and a buffet lunch to celebrate the completion of the renewal of the church roof.