The Windows of the South Chapel
(St Patrick's or the Blessed Sacrament Chapel)
Unlike the Lady Chapel, the south chapel has had an altar from the opening of the church. Originally dedicated in honour of St Patrick, it became the Blessed Sacrament Chapel in 1911, reverted to St Patrick when Sacrament was moved to the High Altar, and is still called St Patrick's Chapel although the Blessed Sacrament has returned here from the High Altar.
The windows here were among the first to receive stained glass. Three, all by Clayton and Bell, commemorate members of the Pollock family or their relatives. The three-light east window of the life of St Patrick is not by Clayton and Bell.
- The East Three-lancet Window - St Patrick
- The South-East Single-lancet Window - St David
- The South Three-lancet Window - Military Window
- The South-West Single-lancet Window - St Columba
This page is part of our project "Revealing St Alban's Hidden Heritage" supported by The National Lottery Heritage Fund.